Sunday, May 7, 2017

19 Awesome Ways My Life Changed In 19 Sober Months.

hipsobriety.com

There is no way to describe what has happened in those months since. As far as I'm concerned, my life can be cut up into two boxes. The life before I learned what it meant to not drink, and the life after. The former a slow progression through a tolerable life with a severe longing for something more and a clear sense of never having or being enough. The latter not just the escape from that…the latter truly the having of things that I had always assumed were just not for me.

Whether you have been to many Denver rehab centers or none, the longing to quit still remains the same.  This great example of a successful recovery shows off some of the amazing things you can do once you are sober. She was able to mend relationships with not only friends and family, but with herself as well.

What unfolded was something beyond my wildest dreams. What unfolded was what happens when you decide for you and only you, and when you clear the space to make YOU happen.

Whatever benefits alcohol seems to provide I assure you they are trite in comparison to the possibilities of the life that stands beyond. Saying goodbye to the junk was saying goodbye to the life I had accepted as good enough and hello to a life that continues to unfold in magical, reality defying ways.

The truth is…we are all capable of greatness. We are all capable of doing anything we can dream, otherwise we wouldn't be capable of dreaming it. It just takes the willingness to abandon what is holding us back and to step through and out of the comfort zone. As Charles Dubois once said, “The important thing is to be able at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.”

19 Awesome Ways My Life Changed In 19 Sober Months.

 

 

Original Post here: 19 Awesome Ways My Life Changed In 19 Sober Months.

No comments:

Post a Comment